Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Scrub, Baby, Scrub

I love sugar & salt scrubs but am very particular on which ones I love. I hate the type of sugar scrub that leaves a ring of grease in my tub. I want the oils on my body, not the tub (my tub does not need moisturizing 1/2 as much as I do).



I came across this formula for a Homemade Scrub. I can't wait to make it (once my 24 other scrubs are used up). However, I thought I'd spare you the waiting for me to use up all my scrubs before I shared the recipe. It sounds absolutely delightful! (and, of course, if anyone makes it and feels obliged to send me some, you'll have my eternal gratitude).



BODY SCRUB

½ cup brown sugar

½ cup white sugar

½ cup coarse salt

2 tablespoons of avocado oil

¼ cup of your favorite liquid soap

Any ONE of the following:

- Juice from ½ of a grapefruit

- Juice from a lemon

- Grated peel from a lemon or lime

- ½ cup of chopped cranberries

- ¼ cup of rose salt

- 2 tablespoons from of an essential oil (Lavender is the author's favorite)



(Nancy's note: I personally want to add cranberries & grapefruit w/ a little bit of lime & lavender...yes, as always, I want it all. I also suggest Dead Sea Salts for the required salt, but regular salt will do just fine. I just bought some fine grain European Spa salts at Wholesale Supplies Plus, www.WholesaleSuppliesPlus.com , which I plan to substitute in to my scrub when I make it. )



Mix together in a bowl. When in the shower, rub all over from head to toes. Rinse with cold water – as cold as you can stand it. Use once a week.


I found this recipe at http://www.robinmcgraw.com/. Check out this website for more skincare recipes. (I'll be posting more homemade recipes from time to time as well.)



Bon apetite..umm, I mean Happy Scrubbing!

No comments: