Saturday, August 18, 2007

Pee & Poo

I've spent the last 6 days at the New York International Gift Fair. This is possibly the largest trade show in the country. It takes up all of the Jacob Javitz Center, Piers 88 & 94, & 3 floors in the Metropolitan Pavilion. Needless to say, I'm on Gift Fair overload.

So, over the next couple of weeks I will be blogging about some of the wonderful products & people I was introduced to at the show... I will be diverting into some 'non-personal care' products as well; however, I think you'll appreciate my diversions.

Today I'm decompressing after the show, so I'm going with my boldest memory of the show...

Ladies & Gentlemen, introducing Pee & Poo . I'm hoping you've already met them years ago, but now they've been immortalized as stuffed toys (I just can't bring myself to say 'animals'), keychains, underwear (adults & children's), t-shirts & tatoos! Yes, you read correctly, tatoos! Pee & Poo tatoos! (I'm wondering where, exactly, are you supposed to put them?).

Pee & Poo get my award for 'Cheekiest Product' at the entire fair (for those of you who don't speak British English that means "Ballsiest Product"...and I have to say, everyone was talking about it.

Just hope that Pee or Poo doesn't become the stuffed toy your child can't live or sleep without. Imagine: "Mommy! Mommy! I can't sleep until we find Pee!" Or when you have to explain to complete strangers when Poo has been misplaced & your child is screaming wildly: "I'm sorry, but little Joey just can't live without his Poo!"

You can also send your friends Pee & Poo e-cards. Make someone happy & send them some Pee & Poo. You can even download Pee & Poo wallpaper for your computer. There's even a memory game.

What do you give the man or woman who has everything? Some Pee & Poo..'cause as much pee & poo as they've had in their lives, they've never had 'em in this form before, that's for sure!

Who else but the Scandanavians could get away with this? You just have to love the Scandavians!

Maybe I should apply for the rights to the book... The Adventures of Pee & Pooh....I mean Poo.

No comments: