Thursday, January 17, 2008

Is it just the British?

Ok, I'm back after a long hiatus. My business has taken off and demands more and more, but I do miss Skin Wench, and it's time to get back to it!

After reading the following article, http://www.skininc.com/news/12985582.html, from today's Skin Inc. newsletter, I was extremely disappointed in the attitude of skin care in the UK, and I wonder if it is a global attitude as well.

It seems that 50% of women in the UK who wear makeup do not remove it before going to bed. 64% of those are too tired to clean their face, and more than 25% just don't care. I have to ponder whether this is reflective of women allover the world? Or is it, for some strange reason, just the British? Any thoughts?

I will admit that I have been guilty many times of being one of those who is too tired to take my makeup off, but it was never because I didn't care. Hint for those who are too tired: mineral makeup is much less harmful to your skin.

The article also offers skin care tips at www.respectyourskin.co.uk. What a spectacular name for a website Respect Your Skin! What more does one need to say? Alas perhaps it is not what we need to say, but what we need to do.....wash our faces!

No comments: