Friday, March 23, 2007

I.C.E.

I'd like to digress today for public service announcement ;-).

Do you have an I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency) number programmed into your cell phone? Paramedics & ER's have begun regularly checking people's cell phones for Emergency Contacts. This can save your life in some cases. I recently read that not enough people have added I.C.E contact information into their cell phones ,& the emergency services highly recommend everyone to do this. I've added ICE contacts to my cell, & I strongly urge you to do the same. I even added 2 numbers... my doctor as 1 ICE, and my mom as the other. (If you are reading this from a country other than the U.S., I bet there's an acronym that you can follow in your language as well).

I hope no one will never need to use this number, but please be prepared just in case.

No comments: