Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Makeup Trend for Fall

Ok, I have to admit that I’m a lipgloss girl. I love my lipgloss, I even have to wear it over lipstick (I think it makes lipstick look better).


So, I was disappointed last week when I read the trend for fall will be a return to lipstick. Women’s Wear Daily announced that makeup is returning toward a more “mature, independent woman”.

I wanna know since when is lipgloss immature?? I mean I use Chanel, Bare Escentuals, Lip Fusion, Lancome, etc…since when were these not ‘mature’? It’s not like we ladies are using Bonne Bell Lip Smackers or anything. (Ok, ok,I admit I have a melon flavored Lip Smacker around here somewhere). I think lipgloss is feminine (& gives lips ‘kiss appeal’ too)…since when is femininity not mature? I think I can be feminine, mature, & independent all at the same time.


So, are u a lipgloss girl too? I know I’ve enabled many of you to my favorite lipgloss after you have complimented me on it. For anyone that hasn’t tried them yet, my favorite lipgloss is Chanel Glossimers. My favorite color is Twinkle. It’s fabulous on it’s own or over almost every shade of lipstick, and is great on almost every skin tone. (Photo property of & courtesy of Chanel)

Other Glossimer colors I love include Jaipur, Soda, Blizzard, Magic, Force, & Electric (this one is great for summer as it’s both reddish & coralish with a gold iridescence),

Yes, Glossimers will put you out about $26 or so, but they last a very long time too… and they are long wearing as well. Although here's a warning...once you own 1, you will want a whole wardrobe of them.

Oh, and if you decide to follow the lipstick trend, Chanel makes some of the best colors in lipsticks as well (although I don’t buy them, as I prefer more ‘affordable’ lipsticks, such as Bare Escentuals, MAC, or Loreal with an occasional splurge on Nars, Trish McEvoy or Lancome who all make wonderful lipsticks in great colors & qualities)

If you shop the NYC Chanel counter at Bloomingdales, ask for my favorite sales person, Sultana…she’s a sweetheart & never puts pressure on customers to buy, unlike some of the others. However,I recommend the Bloomies’ Chanel counter over the Bergdorf Goodman counter, as the sales associates are less snobby & they give more/better samples as well. They also tend to have more/better events imho.

Oh, and as for upcoming trends, WWD also showed Miu Miu’s line from Paris week about 3 weeks ago..Miu Miu Fall ’07 line showed pantyhose pulled up 2-4” over your waistband & tops tucked into them. I could be wrong, but I’m not so sure I’ll be following that trend either.

No comments: